Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, October 15, 2010

Follow That Wind

The trouble with listening to the colours of the wind, beyond the abstract nature of doing such is that the wind, well, it can blow off the beaten path. I have, in the past, when “lost” gone in retreat, took a walk in the woods, walked a labyrinth (we have one in St Thomas) followed the whim of birds and squirrels, and been guided to spiritually uplifting sites.

I decided to go for one such walk and allowed myself to journey down a path and wind down roads that I seldom walk when I spotted a path. St Thomas is a charming city it is home to many little gullys and walking trails that lead to some breathtaking vistas. I have wandered many of these paths, but the trouble is that a lot of them follow steep hillsides and slippery slopes.

While chasing the wind, I found a lovely vista that the local fauna beckoned me to discover. Slowly I ventured inching my way down the path, I only really intended to get a better view. I had proceeded in a safe manner or so I thought choosing to stick to the grassy area and avoiding the mud when my foot decided to find a little mud all on its own.

My foot gave way and so followed my rump which hit hard on the muddy earth, not content with its original location it decided to do a little mini slide. Fun. My hands were enveloped in the muck, my butt now the colour of a lovely rich black soil, I hobbled home giggling.

So what did the wind want me to know? Its time to get a little dirty? Sit your butt down? Or perhaps it was just that a wild ride is always just around the corner? Whatever the vague winds message what I can say about the experience is life is full of unexpected surprises and what matters most is how you treat them.

Years ago I probably would have cursed, or cried how unfair the world is because its not supposed to let you fall on your rump. Now I know without a doubt that every fall is an opportunity to shine. Right now I am shining, black and blue but shinning none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits