Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, November 26, 2010

Discovering the Empire of the Self

Many times throughout my life I have been in search of the truth. To find the greater sense of self someone has always come around to destroy it or steal it from me. I understand Milo's drive to learn, as I am known for obsessing about a particular thing, dinosaurs, ancient games, history, Disney, just to name a few.

The need to know is something that some people have in their blood, they must know everything and with every obsessed geek there is someone on the other side telling them that their pursuits are and I quote “Stupid” or “Who cares”. If there is not some sort of money attached to a pursuit it is considered a waste. What's interesting is that someone can spend eight hours a day playing a video game and that pursuit is somehow considered more valuable then learning something for fun.

I have on many occasions been asked what's in it for me to do this Disney thing (they usually elongate the thing like its somehow the most vile thing one can do) What's in it for me? I get to broaden my horizons, challenge myself, and discover who I am and more importantly who I am not. Blink, blink. “But do you get paid?” Never mind.

Some people don't understand the importance of self discovery, they assume that it is selfish and self serving. I, however, have learned that the more I discover about myself the more I understand others. The pursuit of self or other learning is never a waste, the more we know about the world we live in the better we can traverse it. Those naysayers will always be around no matter what you pursue, the trick is to stay true to who you are and you will discover the magic of life, it is in knowing and trusting ones self that the magic begins to manifest in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits