Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, November 20, 2010

We Are What We Choose

In all of life there is always a choice. As children our choices are limited by our surroundings since the young are so vulnerable. The problem is that when we grow to become adults we tend to continue this belief that “I am limited by my surroundings” which simply isn't true. We all have a plethora of choices, where do I live, what do I do for a living, what am I going to eat for dinner.

Yes we become limited by what I call our “Want Factor” which says that what I want changes my surroundings. I want to be an anthropologist, but I have a family and can not support them on an anthropologists life style of 50-60 hours a week in remote locations. I would never see my family, I would have to move and I love my house and I would have to go to school and pay for it. The decision not to be an anthropologist is fairly simple, but it was made taking into account my priorities.

A lot of people seem to think that they have no choice. I am stuck they say, and they list a 1001 reasons why they are stuck, what they don't realize is that they are stuck by their own making. I am not stuck where I am, I have made a choice to do what I need to do in order to keep what I desire most.

Right now I am working two jobs, one I love that unfortunately can not support me year round, at least not now, and the other, a minimum wage job that, lets face it, is just a job. As with most jobs it has its pleasures and its pains. There are things I hate about it and things I love. The point is, I made a choice based on priorities and desire to work where I work, but that's not where the choice ends.

I have been going on and on about how you can be happy no matter where you are and that you should always make the most out of whatever situation you are in. Well here we are 39 weeks into living my life Disney, I have made a choice to not only work in the service industry, but to keep the teachings of Disney alive while I do so. Each moment in life is an opportunity for greatness. I could allow the fact that I “have to” work a minimum wage job defeat me, make me feel trapped, or I could just be who I am, no implications, no gloom and doom.

Fagin made some bad choices in his life, so have I, but what matters are the choices we make today. I could have sat wallowing in the choices of my past, but instead I made new choices. I choose to be the best me I can be, I hope we all can make that choice, today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits