Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Everybody's got something to hide except me and my Yo-Yo

Everybody's got something to hide except me and my Yo-Yo

As I was walking down the street slinging my pink princess Yo-Yo (one of my challenges this week) I was reminded of how few times in our lives we actually get lost in the moment. We get stuck in worries of the future, and stagnate in the immovable past, lost and unaware of the present. We are blind to the present moment until some tragic moment comes flying into our oblivious faces, but even then when we should be dealing with the now, often we allow ourselves to get caught up in the past or fearful of the future.

Sometimes we hit on moments so pure so simple that we become entangled with the now. Today it was me and my yo-yo, a strange contraption of string and a spool. How wonderful it is the simple small moments of life that pull us from the cruel lies of the past and future and plant us deep with in the moment. Its a beautiful thing; the simple feeling of string falling from ones hand, reaching its breaking point and with a quick snap of the wrist it returns gracefully to the hand. Simple, silly, pointless, hypnotic; it's almost a meditation.

I get home, sit down to write as I wonder, what other things are there in our lives that can bring us peace? Bring us into the moment, This moment? Then I realize its not the Yo-Yo or the silly shenanigans that bring about peace, its the willingness to let go, to fully commit to being free, free from anger and hatred. Free to just be.

Don't Hate the Yo Yo

A little note about the Yo-yo and those who dislike it. In Fantasia 2000 there is a flock of flamingos all gracefully swimming and flying in unison yet in among the flock there is the playful flamingo with a yo-yo, I am that flamingo. A lot of times in life I have been told to take life serious, to grow up, deal with life. I get stern looks of disapproval from people who just don't understand. Yes life is serious, however, serious doesn't mean painful, it doesn't mean boring, and it certainly doesn't mean that I can't play my violin while all of Rome is burning.

For as many times in life that have been inappropriately happy there are a million and one incidences where people are inappropriately unhappy. Life changes, it switches gear and the joy comes from going along with the ride, raising your arms and letting out a ye-haw! It is the greatest comedy that we humans fight against life, instead of celebrating that were alive. Life's challenges are not a punishment but a golden opportunity to grow, change and breathe deep and shout out loud, “I'm here world, lets get the party started!”

The yo-yo, for me, symbolizes the smile, the joy, the unwavering bliss that underlies this thing called life. This is an official shout out to all those who wield their proverbial yo-yo's of glee, be in the moment, be happy, just be and don't let anyone take away your yo-yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits