Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Little Girls Love Princesses- Aladdin

Little Girls Love Princesses

Each week I make my rounds, I walk down the main street and stop in to specific places, it seems like each week I add a new place, a few weeks ago I added the town hall to my list of visits. I walk past the people in the tax department, land registry and head towards environmental services.

I smile and wave and after a few weeks, they seem to have warmed up to my antics and give a little smile and wave as they are consumed with their very important and serious phone calls and paper work. I head up to the mayors office to give a little playful smile and wave, which almost always solicits a little uncontrollable chuckle from our distinguished mayor and his secretary.

This week when I was almost done my town hall rounds I was stopped by a woman who had a wish for me to fulfil. How serendipitous life can be, I was uncertain of how I was going to fulfil anyone's wishes, mostly since most people wish for things that border on the impossible. When it was requested that I walk a few blocks to go make a little girl's day, I was overjoyed.

I showed up at the door taking a deep breath as I was a little uncomfortable in my skin that day, I didn't know what was going to greet me on the other side of the door, for all I knew I could have come face to face with just about any situation, but I had to have faith that I was there to make someone smile. I knocked on the door a few times, as I stood trying to figure out what exactly I was going to say. I little flash of panic spread over me as I imagined all the wrong things I could say.

My imagination went wild, oh my God, what if they saw me and decided that they didn't want to open the door to some strange woman. How was I going to explain what I was doing. What was I going to say “Hi, I am a weird half dressed woman who has come to see your two year old daughter. You want to let me in?” Breathe Robin, breathe.

I could hear the stirrings of someone rustling around in the hallway. Breathe. The door finally opened and the woman on the other side was in a wheel chair, whew, that explained what took so long. She smiled at me, not surprised by my appearance, apparently someone had given her a heads up, thank God!

She beacons me to come in and calls for her little Princess Chloe to come see who's at the door. I hear the tell tale sounds of a little girl skipping her way into the room and I see a blur of curly brown hair and a bright little smile. “Hello.” I say to her and she smiles and hands me the stuffed bunny she is holding in her hand. Mom took a few pictures of Jasmine and Chloe, I gave a little hug and a handshake and was on my merry way.

As I walked away, I thought back to the reason I started this journey. Some smiles are more precious than others, some feelings just stay with you. That little girls hug was full of pure life, if there was one thing I wished that I could spread its the feeling of that little girl's hug, pure simple and a little reminder that heaven is closer than you think, love is all around.

Birthday Wishes


on Tuesday which was my husband's birthday he requested that I give him a birthday adventure where he could not say no to anything I requested. A little note about my husband, at home he is playful and fun loving however in public, he becomes quite aware of his surroundings and guards himself accordingly. Every week when he sees me dressed up, he smiles and shakes his head and says those predictable words “Oh boy”.

His only request was that I not make him dress up or be around him dressed up and parade in any way shape or form. Of course, I could have been completely evil about the whole situation, I could have made him test the boundaries of his comfort zone, however, it was his birthday so I needed to be mindful of it, I wouldn't want to be uncomfortable on my birthday, I would want to have fun.

I tried to keep in mind his likes and dislikes, we started with the thing that always makes me feel young, playground equipment, we swung on swings, slid down slides and attempted to use the teeter-totter.

We pursued kitchen supplies at Jill's Kitchen, (my husband is in culinary school) we ate Piri Piri Chicken at the Coventry Garden Market in London while watching Chefs cook at Waldo's on King, Browsed toys and comics at Heroes,played with toys at Dollarama, flew elastic powered airplanes in the school yard, and had a bubble gum contest that didn't quite go as planned.

We went to Springbank park to have a candy banana eating contest, the idea was to stuff as many candy bananas in our mouths as possible without swallowing, the result, it was kind of gross as the bananas being made of sugar started to melt. I will spare you the details.

All and all I think he had a great birthday, if I do say so myself. Sometimes it feels great to make someone's wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits