Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Swing on This

One of my challenges this week was to swing from something, since there are few vines to swing from I figured that the closest I could come would be the monkey bars at the school near my house. A few things you should know about me first off I have quite skinny arms. I am no powerhouse when it comes to upper body strength. Plus my arms are quite long or as they have been affectionately referred to as my monkey arms.

From the time I was young I would often watch my peers swing with ease through the jungles of the school yard, I was lacking in this talent. Just so you know, I have not acquired new skills in the swinging department. Let me take you though the ordeal:

Standing on the platform, my head, because I am not a child, is almost parallel to the monkey bars. I reach up or rather across and hold on to the bar, knees bent (so not to touch the ground) I put my weight on my arm while reaching out to the next bar. I dangle for a moment. “Okay, small children can do this, surely I can.” I swing my weight over and no.

You're picturing it aren't you? A full grown adult trying her darnedest not to fall on her butt, while dangling in a school yard. I suppose I could practice on a daily basis to swing from rope to rope like Tarzan, but I see no point, since I live in a city, in Canada and swinging from pine tree to pine tree would be quite painful.

Tarzan teaches that with dogged determination and practice you can become king of the jungle. I may not be able to swing from one monkey bar to the next but I do know the value of practice, and determination. Its not enough to be adequate at your job, or what you do, it is the Disney way to always strive for your personal best. The greatest challenge is always pitted against yourself. So all vine swinging aside, my true challenge is always to be the best me I can possibly be. The best part about it is that if I fall short no one will know since I am one of a kind, just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits