Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rescue Me!


This week the most daring thing I think I did was to go through the holidays. This was also a landmark week for my project as I didn't dress up and walk around town since I have found that there are only so many hours in a day and when you are working full time hours that take up most of the day and night while attempting to buy Christmas presents, I felt bad, guilty and was quite upset that I couldn't find enough hours in a day.

I am left wondering, what would Disney do? Well, I know that the first opening of Disneyland was a nightmare, things were not completed but the show must go on. The problem is, I have no costume to wear, I mean how many ways can I wear mouse ears? This week was supposed to be all about rescuing and being brave but it turned into a week of rushing around trying to get my shopping done, since unlike most years, I didn't have time to shop until this week.

Most of my days have been spent at work, and trying to sneak in as much family time as I could since I am working nights. I did help someone by giving them one of my shifts at work, but other than that this week has left a lot to be desired. I am not coming apart at the seams however, I did feel like I was losing sight of my objective, to live by the tenants of Disney.

So here is the refresher, I am to Educate myself, Use my brain over brawn, Be Kind, Grateful, Forgiving, Joyful, Compassionate, Charitable, Respectful of nature. Have faith that nothing is impossible, Dream big, Be curious, Use my imagination. Sing whenever I am happy, sad, scared, angry or when I have almost any sort of feelings. Don't be afraid to be Playful, Mischievous and Silly, Above all: Love Life.

Looking back at this past week and these past 44 weeks I have accomplished all these things and more, I have been braver than ever, helped strangers discover their joyful side, I have used my imagination, some may even say that I have overused it. I have educated myself with many forms of entertainment, been a magician's assistant, walked the streets with my midriff exposed (terrifying) and above all, I have discovered exactly how to love life with arms wide open.

I leave you with the photo I have this week, me sitting under the Christmas tree wearing my present, which will be seen often throughout these winter months. Merry Christmas to all my fans and let me remind you, that you are never too small or too insignificant to make a difference in the world. Think of what impact a little mouse with a high pitched voice had on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits