Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stronger Than You Think

Sometimes in life we are too busy believing other people's opinions about us that we do not think to challenge it. We allow others opinions based on their observations to pigeon hole us into their version of who we are, and the worst part about it is that we believe several people's opinions of us so that who we are becomes a collection of who “they” think we are and live with the limitations that “they” set out for us.

A year ago I thought that I wasn't good with people, that I couldn't relate to them. I was convinced that I was lazy, stupid, and a whole lot of other evils that the world places on “girls like me.” For many years I allowed myself to be pigeon holed into believing myself to be unworthy of a lot of the pleasures of life.

I was unworthy of money, of friends, of love, of success in any form. I was a loser. The sad thing is, the more I know people the more I realize that most people feel this way. The biggest lie we tell ourselves and other people, is that we are unworthy. Instead of standing up and saying you're wrong I am worth it, we say, your right, I am scum. Not only do we allow others to put us in our place we develop the ability to put ourselves in our “place”.

What makes Mulan so great is that she broke through the boundaries of what other people expected of her. She became a warrior, she stood up and claimed a space she didn't even know for certain that she had, until she stood in it. We all need to do this, to step out of what people say are our limitations. Forty one weeks ago, when I looked at myself what I saw was a mountain of limitations, today, my possibilities are boundless.

Imagine what would happen if you stepped outside of your comfort zone, beyond the limits of what is deemed possible for you? Are you stronger, smarter, faster, better than you think you are? There's only one way to find out. Go get em Tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits