Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Soul is Willing

Trying to be fun and fancy free while you are sick as a dog poses a difficult challenge, but I have learned over the years that no matter what challenge you face you should always try to do your best. It is not about being the best you would be if you were healthy or actually at your best, its the best you can be in whatever moment you are in. My best, was in bed taking care of my body. A little less fancy but wearing PJ's certainly feels free.

When I finally felt better I was able to go out and do my challenges, I slapped on a pair of Mickey ears painted a nose on my face , put on a hat, gloves, parka and a cape; it was cold after all. I stepped out my front door to realize that I am one really determined woman. Not only was I recovering from a nasty roll around with the flu but it was freezing, what was I thinking? I was thinking I only have 7 weeks left, I can't let down my fans or more importantly, myself.

What I really learned this week is that I don't have to be cheerful all the time, especially when I am ill or life has just sucker punched me in the gut. Happiness doesn't necessarily mean that I am a cheerleader for life. It means that for the most part I am hopeful, I can see the bigger picture, that this to shall pass. That no matter what is happening today, the feeling, the situation, the moment is impermanent and fleeting.

Say it with A Slap

So my challenge this week was to say it with a slap like Bongo the circus bear. Yes, this week I travelled around town slapping people. Okay, so it wasn't hard, I was gently taping them on the face but it was fun none the less. The thing is, as I was slapping away and saying “I appreciate you” I realized that those words have been stripped of modern society. I mean when was the last time you said that?

My challenge to you, whoever has honoured me with reading my little note about my weird and wild obsession with Disney is to tell the people in your life, I appreciate you, especially those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits