Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, April 30, 2010

Playing Dress Up

It may come as no surprise that my favourite holiday is Halloween. I love dressing up and embodying a new character every year, as its not enough to just dress a part one must also play at being whoever they are dressed as. So each week that I live my life Disney, the most exciting part is almost always dressing up. Its not so much that I am in costume, its the playing that goes with it.

I obviously get asked often what I am doing and why I am doing it. Sometimes its tiring to answer especially when the person asking obviously doesn't approve. This week a gaggle of men were gathered in front of a tattoo parlour. A place where I have seen purple, pink and or technicolour hair and piercings so extensive that a drink of water is surly to cause some sort of leak. I smile and nod, accepting of peoples choices in attire, piercing and tattoo choices.

One such pierced and dirty looking gentleman, asked me the normal question “Why the hell are you dressed up like that?” I explained. Living my life Disney trying to bring joy and smiles to peoples faces. My version of what I said was distinctly different from what he explained to his friend who didn't quite hear what I said.

“She's living Disney and embarrasses herself to make people laugh at her.” he explained.
“I'm not embarrassed. Why would I be?” I interrupted. “I would be embarrassed if I were you. Walking around wearing those stupid costumes.” he said with a sneer on his face, everyone's a critic. “There's nothing embarrassing about being happy.” I said with a smile and Sambaed on my way.

If someone wants to be miserable I can not force them to be happy, but I can give them something to laugh about. I am willing to be a clown for them, but really I am trying to prove that life is fun, that the joy and idealism of Disney isn't so far fetched that its unobtainable. You too can be this happy, its a matter of having faith that everything will work out and seeing the boundless joy that life has to offer. Maybe I am crazy, or maybe, just maybe I have stumbled on to a divine truth. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. You came into where I work the other day and I followed the link on the candy you gave me. I'm glad to finally know what you're doing, and think it's lovely.
    Keep smiling and living your dream.

    ReplyDelete

avandia lawsuits