Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, April 2, 2010

Feeding the Birds (Beauty and the Beast)

I decided to take advantage of the nice day and go for a walk with bird seed in hand. One of my mini challenges to feed the birds. Since my knee is still not quite right I decided to go to a wooded area that was not down a hill, in St Thomas that is quite a feat since it is a deceptively hilly city. I ended up walking to a grave yard, hey it was about the quietest place I could think of where birds generally like to go.

I sat down and could hear the birds chirping away. Opening up my bag of seeds and gently tossed them in the general direction of the birds did not get the reaction that I expected. In the movies this is where the birds would get curious and fly down and start pecking away. In real life the sound of the seeds hitting the ground was apparently a kin to that of a cannon going off because as soon as the seeds hit the ground the birds scattered, even the crows flew away.

After several failed attempts to feed the birds, cupping the seeds and placing them on the ground scattering them in a line like some cartoon version of hunting. Nothing worked. An egotistical woman would assume that there is something wrong with the birds, they are somehow flawed but I being perfectly grounded and centred I only thought that for a moment or two. I know that its not in a birds nature to trust people and at some point a bird will find the seeds I left and happily eat them.

Its okay I will not be sullen with despair, since I know that even the best laid plans do not need to work out. I wanted to feed the birds but instead I got the pleasure of seeing and hearing, crows, cardinals, blue jays and some robins. All in all I am reminded to flow with nature and when things don't go according to plans take a moment to look around at the unexpected gifts that nature is more than willing to share with each and everyone of its on lookers. Life is beautiful and I am alive in its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits