Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Bare Necessities

While calculating my year I neglected to think through the fact that having a jungle themed movie in the middle of January was not such a hot idea, in fact, it was quite a cold idea. I thought about dressing as Baloo the Bear, however, I realized that I would have to do this week using the mentality of Baloo, following the path of least resistance.

Yes, I was a bit of a lazy bear this week, but give me a break I've been at this for 48 weeks. I didn't go for my walk as I just couldn't find the time while working a new job, juggling family and trying to embody the essence of the Jungle. Quite frankly it was too darn cold to go in the costume that I had. I suppose that I was embodying the rules of the jungle by first making sure that all my work was done before play.

What I know for sure is that as I take my last steps in Disney character I realize that each bit of the Characters that I have loved are in essence a part of who I am, I am the carefree Baloo but I am also the orderly Bagheera, a little overconfident like Mowgli. When I take a good long look at myself, as I have over this past year, I realize that I am a lot more complex then I like to believe. I don't fit into one box, in a lot of ways, I fit into a whole slew of boxes all at the same time and often contradictory to one another. I wonder, if you were to look at yourself, how many boxes would you fit into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits