Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Aching Back

Note to self if I ever think its a good idea to walk around hunched over, don't do it, it hurts.

When dressing to be a hunchback it is a little humbling as you try to make yourself out to look as ugly as possible. As I painted my face to look droopy on one side I realized that it seems odd for a woman to be trying to make herself look as unattractive as possible.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of those movies that is so chalked full of lessons that its hard to know where to begin. The one that most leaps out at me is that things and people are not always what they appear. Just because someone comes in a pretty package doesn't mean that they are nice or kind, but to assume the opposite that all pretty packages have ugly insides is also often a mistake. Sometimes people in life assume a label, boss, priest, good (insert religion here) all mean that a person will behave by the standard that they are wearing.

A suit can mean a professional, but it could also mean a swindler. Each candy coating that we silly humans wear can hide within them a dark purpose or a good one. I think we all have been fooled by a nice suit and by a dirty one. It is sometimes the lowest looking person that can have the kindest soul.

Challenge:

My challenge was to have a Topsy Turvey day. A day when I tried to see things from a different angle to see things from new eyes. Personal note- for three months I have been working at a popular coffee place, a sort of fast food of the coffee world. I have learned through this job that looks can be deceiving some of the most kind people are wrapped in the most unlikely packages.

Being that I have experienced so many angles throughout this year it is difficult for me to say what is Topsy Turvy. Most days have been down instead of up and up instead of down. What I can say is that every person has their story, a reason why they are the way they are. I am the way I am because of my upbringing, my experiences and the limitations and gifts that I was born with. I have faith in possibilities because life has shown me how limitless the possibilities are.

I have learned that monsters are often people, and they tend to be people who are ignorant to the fact that they are being monsters. Most monsters feel that what they are doing is right or justified, and how often in your life have you felt that your unscrupulous actions were right or justified? Each one of us has the potential to be a monster, or a princess/ prince, the point is, we need to choose. When we wake up in the morning and face our mirror, pretty or ugly, we have a choice, will I be the villain or will I be the hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits