Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Monday, January 3, 2011

Seeing through Bear Goggles

Perhaps being dressed as a bear didn't really give me perspective, but this past year has given me plenty. I see now through different eyes what potential life has to offer. I have been a magician's assistant, a dog, chicken, duck and a whole host of Princesses, I have challenged my sense of modesty and have gone WAY outside my comfort zone. This year, not just this week has been about perspective.

In Brother Bear, Kenai must walk a mile and more in a bear's skin, he learns about the nature of the beast and about his own ignorance and arrogance. Often in life we are not afforded the luxury of walking even a few steps in another's position.

This year, I have done my best to try to experience life from as broad a view as possible. I see now that each one of us, no matter what our status in life has our own crosses to bear. Each one of us has the potential to be a monster or a great spirit, the point is what to choose.

Each and every moment of our lives we choose, though I have often heard people saying that they had no choice, the truth is there is always a choice. As an example, I, the Disney girl lost my cool, and I chose to act inappropriately and display a digit that says two words without having to say a word. I CHOSE to behave in that way, yes I was stressed and brought to my breaking point, however, it was a choice I made.

Once I calmed down I realized that in a normal situation, I would have never (knowing what I know now about how important it is to always do my best) been so vile to a stranger, no matter how rude they were to me. Sometimes you just can't undo the past, but what you can do is reaffirm, your values today, right now. I am not an angry, vile person who intentionally tries to hurt people, Yes sometimes even I can be a monster, we all can be, but at the heart of who I am, I love people, and I often feel sorry for those who are unable to truly enjoy life.

The smile on my face is one that many have said that they would like to wipe off of it. I suppose, if you were miserable, my smile may be the equivalent to a bear's bared teeth. But should I stop smiling? I don't think so because I have faith that those miserable people will someday learn the beauty of Life. Life is beautiful.

To all my fan's out there, Happy New Year, May it be magical and filled with transforming winds, pixy dust and the wonder of childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits