Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Crazy Like A Fox

Being a fox means being innovative. This week I had to be very innovative since we were in the middle of a heatwave with temperatures scorching at 33C. Part of the fun of Living Disney is the fact that I get to wear fun costumes and play around. I get the chance to express my creative mind, a mind that never seems to stop, my insomnia can attest to that.

This week when I knew the heat wave was coming I had to be innovative. I didn't want to wear a heavy costume so I decided on ears, a tail and some face paint. My usual benefactor didn't have fox ears just lying around so I had to make them. I have over the years made some interesting costumes, paper mache, sewing and painting my way into memorable Halloween and birthday fun.

I love to sew and cook, and let someone else clean, hey I'm not Mrs Cleaver here, so when the challenge comes to create something through sewing its always a delight for me. I get a chance to think outside the box.

I went out and bought a little bit of poppy red fleece and took an old headband and fashioned ears, throwing out only three malformed ears, I hand sewed them onto my headband, and made myself a big fluffy tail. Because it was too darn hot to wear a full costume I decided on red shorts and a red tank top. I finished off with painting my face with Snazaroo Face paint and away I went.

As I made my way through the streets of St Thomas, I tried to be as sly and as covert as possible, which is quite difficult when you are dressed as a big red fox. I peeked around corners, popped up behind desks, as I tried to stay cool jumping from air conditioned store to air conditioned office.

This week I was foxy, no really, that's what people were referring to me as. So I encouraged people to refer to me as foxy but hey, how many times in a woman's life can you convince people to call you a fox and get away with it. Above all things I am an opportunist, much like a fox.

Like a fox I am playful, inventive and a little mischievous. Just a little mischievous, enough that fun always follows me and when people get mad at me they usually have a bit of a smile on their face. The idea of outwitting a hunter or a grumpy person delights me greatly. So I will plump up my tail, weave in and out of peoples lives and spread a sense of fun and adventure where ever I go. At least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits