Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, July 2, 2010

With a Wag of a Tail

Lady and the Tramp opens to this quote: In the whole history of the world there is but one thing that money can not buy... to wit- the wag of a dog's tail.- Josh Billings. The wag of a dogs tail is mysterious, I have often wondered how it evolved or why. Much like a cats purr it seems to serve no other purpose beyond indicating to other animals “hey, I'm happy.” Whatever evolution had in mind for that tail its hard to deny how much joy can come to you at the sight of a wagging dogs tail.

To be honest, I've never really understood the whole dog person/cat person debate. I am not a cat person or a dog person, I love them both for different reasons, but a dog is hard to resist. Don't get me wrong, whenever I see a cat I meow and purr and make all sorts of humiliating sounds and gestures to get their attention but when I am done sounding like a crazy cat lady, I can walk away without thinking, can I keep it?

A dog is a whole other story, the eyes, the tail wag, the silly gestures that says pet me, or feed me or I love you stranger. The love of a dog is unconditional, its universal, its what we humans should strive to give one another and its down right impossible to resist. What is enduring is the fact that a dog sees the world with kind eyes, humans are judged by their energy, what they put into the world not by what they look like or the money they have. You could never buy a dogs loyalty, they are just loyal to the person they see as worthy of being loyal to.

My dog, a Cocker spaniel terrier mix, is almost always so happy to see me that she swings her tail so hard that she almost folds herself in half. She dances and wiggles and gives the look, you know, that dog look that says “I love you.”

This week I greeted most people with a wag of my tail, okay, so I didn't have an actual tail but I shook my butt like I had a tail on it, but the important thing is people laughed. I smiled shook my butt and said “I'm so happy to see you!” Is it silly? Darn right it is but I wish more people could greet each other with the unconditional love and gratitude that a dog does. I tell you the world would be a better place if we humans had tails to wag, a goofy grin and sniffed each others, okay lets not go too far with this.

I leave you with these words.

Bark bark ruff bark Robin woof bark grrr bark bark ruff ruff!
Hi my name is Robin and I am happy to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits