Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Friday, August 6, 2010

Giving Hope

Some weeks are easier than others to write about. Its not that nothing interesting happened this week, plenty did its just that life sometimes has a way of getting in and taking up all the writing time. This week, dressed as Robin hood I walked down town and collected money for the United Way. People were more than generous as they dug deep to fish out change to help the more unfortunate people around.

I decided that I should stop by the food bank and drop off a few things as I have throughout my life had to rely on places like the food bank. What happens, I find, is that come thanksgiving and Christmas people remember to give to the poor but other times of the year, they forget.

Its easy to give money when you have it, but what do we give when we are low on funds? This was the question I asked over a year ago. We give what we have in abundance. You may have already guessed what I have in abundance, cheer, smiles, silliness, unbound joy. These are all things that are not only easy to give but make people forget what they don't have.

It was a great feeling hearing people drop money in the can. Its not the sound of money that is so delightful but the sound of hope, right now our town is in a state of need, for lack of a better term, and to hear people with very little money themselves digging around for change is a sign of hopefulness. A sign of hope should always be the most cherished of signs, it means a tomorrow and it means this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits