Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Playful Pig

Part of the joy of living Disney is that I get to discover different aspects of myself while exploring different characters. This week I was a psychic pig, as silly as that sounds its a lot of fun being in character, showing off my little pig tail and being playful. (FYI chose dice as my method of divination. Even numbers mean yes and odd numbers mean no.)

I was certain that going into this endeavour would change me, help to evolve, but I didn't realize how much of the “magic” of Disney would stick to me. Its not just the dressing up, though, I have to admit it is my favourite part, its the fact that I see the world through new eyes. I see the happiness hidden beneath people's eyes, even when I am not in costume I grin like a fool. I feel the happiness bubbling from within me and I can't help but spread it.

As I get close to the middle of this project I wonder, is this feeling going to stay with me? Is this joy I feel real? I was happy before this project, but now I feel; alive. When I think of that pig, I think of how seemingly happy pigs are, no matter what. Why can't we be more like pigs.

What might be surprising little tidbit of information about me is that I used to be miserable, angry and certain that the world was out to get me. I was a fool, but we are all fools in our own right because we all at some point in our lives feel exactly how I did. Helpless. The truth is we are seldom left helpless, its our outlook on life that can change everything. When my heart was filled with anger and fear I attracted those things to me like a magnet. Now my heart is filled with love and joy, imagine what comes my way.

Having a heart filled with joy protects it from all sorts of things. It is the true magic that we speak so little of. We are told by society that others will bring us happiness, that things will complete us but the truth is, other people and things should only add to our happiness not be the cause of it. The costumes I wear enhance my joy, as do the many Disney movies, but they are not the cause of my joy, my outlook on life is and life is my beautiful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits