Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Heroic Shenanigans

I'm not going to lie to you, acting as though you are a superhero is fun. To gallantly try to come to someone's rescue is one of those things that you must experience for yourself to understand how much fun it is. I didn't want to be dressed as another dog this week, it really doesn't convey what to me, Bolt, is all about. Believing in the hero inside.

I decided that I would make this week the official Superhero week to coincide with Fan Expo, a huge convention in Toronto dedicated to Comic Books, Anime, Sci-Fi, Gaming and Horror. Throughout the week I had planned on dressing as different superheroes and parade through the Street festival (The Ironhorse Festival) and wave and smile at people . I missed one day and one costume, Supergirl, but I did dress as The Green Lantern, complete with my light up life size Green Lantern and my favourite girl, Wonder Woman.

For those of you who follow comic books, yes Disney does own Marvel, and yes technically I should have been dressed as Spider woman, the Black Widow or some other Marvel gal. I am a DC girl, though I read Spiderman, I don't feel the connection with Marvel that I do with DC. There I said it, and have completely let my proverbial pocket protector show. (Yes, I am aware that I am a geek)

Getting back to my adventures, I was clad in the delicate costume of one Diane AKA Wonder Woman's apparel hoping that I would reveal my soul rather then my dangerously unsecured ta ta's. I went forth certain that I would save the world or at least look good trying.

A Note to my readers: Some of my costumes are not as obvious as others, when I was dressed for Fantasia 2000, I had to stop and give a detailed description, I'm the ballerina from Fantasia, that was from the Steadfast Tin Soldier, which was part of a compilation of shorts that made up the musical film. It was exhausting, but dress up as Wonder Woman and no one cares why, they just seem to think that its awesome.

Who Needs a Hero?

I stopped in at the local police station all decked out in red white and blue, cape flowing behind me as I stood in classic hero stance. “I was wondering if you need my assistance?” I quarried. Heads cocked in confusion. I go into my song and dance routine “Yes I am living my life Disney...” They smile give a little chuckle so I lean over and say “I take that as a no?” Oh well, perhaps they don't see what a wonderful hero I make.

Sometimes I wonder if all we really need in life to stop crime is smiles, laughter and to be so full of joy that the thought of crime eludes us. I mean its difficult to hatch evil plans when your laughing, unless, of course, that laughter is maniacal. In which case all plots are guaranteed to be evil.

Moving on, I visited all my regular places and greeted the people who needed to be greeted, and every so often I was greeted with a “Wonder Woman!” a thumbs up or cheers and honks. The next day I would dress as one of my favourite characters the Green Lantern. I don't know if its the lantern, or the ring that one can use their will power to make constructs of green light that kick butt, I am a girl and we do like to accessorize.

A little tip about dressing in any costume: If you have a heavy costume, you will become tired when walking with a say, 5lb cool Green Lantern that lights up when you touch it with your ring. My day of being the Green Lantern was cut short by my weak girly arms that turned to jello after carrying a heavy object for 3 hours. The next day I had to use my superpower of cleaning up my incredibly messy house, superheroes don't come with maids, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits