Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Superstitious

I've never really understood superstitions. There are some things that make sense like not walking under a ladder, but most superstitions seem to come from some sort of misinformation. When I endeavoured to be superstitious I wanted to try to understand the idea behind it. Being that I am quite a logical person


I dressed myself with my shirt on inside out, this superstition of it being good luck I can only assume is a kin to telling a bride that its good luck to have it rain on your wedding day, designed to not let someone feel bad for foolishly putting on their clothes wrong. Perhaps its also good luck to trip over painted lines on the ground, in that case I am quite a lucky girl.


I pulled out my face painting kit and painted the black around my eyes so that evil spirits wouldn't enter through there. Garlic around my neck, which I must admit was a mistake since it was a hot day and its kind of hard to tell the difference between garlic and BO. Needless to say I used a lot of deodorant. I filled a pouch with salt, just in case I needed to throw it over my shoulder and away I went.


One of the many superstitions was not to step on cracks, because I wouldn't want to break my mothers back.So get a visual here. I was walking down the street with my 10 year old son as I had my shirt inside out, my eyes painted like an Egyptian, wearing garlic and salt trying not to step on a crack. Its not enough that our side walks have a lot of cracks but did I mention that there is also interlocking bricks randomly placed on our downtown sidewalks?


I have size 10 feet and these 3 sided bricks are about 5 inches wide, you do the math. I did slip and stepon a few cracks, so naturally I spun around 7 times and spit on my fingers 3 times. So what did I learn? That being superstitious is exhausting and that St Thomas has way too many interlocking bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits