Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quiet as a Fish

As my Challenge this week I had to lose my voice. Its interesting, how much we rely on our words. Its not that we don't see the looks from across the room or the subtle body language but without words we are often stifled. I realized today that I do talk a lot. I use both my words, my body and of course my expressions to tell a tale.

I have been told on many different occasions that I am both dramatic and animated. I hope that its meant as a complement, I do get quite involved with my words and when I tell a story I tend to get my body totally involved. I make faces, move my body and my hands seem to think that I have mastered sign language. To me using my body to talk really didn't seem like too much of a problem. When I got to about the third person who said that they thought I would have trouble with this challenge I began to wonder.

Somehow I didn't find it all that funny when people were commenting about how difficult it would be for me to not talk. I wonder, do I talk excessively? I don't think so but, then again I am biased. I know that when I am in a conversation that I add to it, and sometimes I get so excited that I interrupt, I don't mean to its just I get so enthralled in a conversation that I forget my manners. I want to let the other people know, not only am I listening but I can relate.

I used the Disney magic of a whiteboard, you may think that it is cheating but I think you miss the fact that unlike Disney characters I need to explain my behaviour so I don't end up in a padded room. Not that I couldn't use the rest but I prefer to be restrained. I flapped my tail and did a sort of dolphin dance as I left each establishment, it was hard not to laugh out loud, I mean really laugh out loud not chuckle silently to myself and LOL.

My Favourite Princess

I will admit it, the Little Mermaid is my favourite movie. I have seen it so many times that I destroyed the VHS tape that I used to have of it. The first time I saw the movie I was 14, and listening to her say the words I bet you on land they understand, that they don't reprimand their daughters. Made me laugh, since I knew full well that daughters all over the world, and most likely the universe would be reprimanded I struck me funny.

Then there is my favourite Disney song. Les Poison, sung by chef Louis, René Auberjonois, who would later play my favourite shape shifting alien on Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Probably one of the most sick and twisted songs that Disney had ever featured.

Les poissons, les poissons
How I love les poissons
Love to chop and to serve little fish
First I cut off their heads
Then I pull out their bones
Ah mes oui, savez toujours delice

Les poissons, les poissons
Hee hee hee, haw haw haw
With a cleaver I hack them in two
I pull out what's inside
And I serve it up fried
Cause I love little fishes, don't you?

Here's something for tempting the palette
Prepared in the classic technique
First you pound the fish flat with a mallet
Then you slash off their skin
Give their belly a slice
Then you rub some salt in
'Cause it makes it taste nice

Zoot alors, I have missed one!

Sacre bleu, what is this?
How on earth could I miss
Such a sweet little succulent crab
Quel Domage, what a loss
Here we go, in the sauce
Now some flour I think just a dab
Now I stuff you with bread
Don't worry, 'cause you're dead!
And you're certainly lucky you are
'Cause it's gonna be hot in my big silver pot!
Tout-aloo mon poisson
Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits