Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When the Cat Calls a Mouse

Often when we go out into the world and expose our souls; shining love and joy, we are met by both joy and love and opposing emotions. I learned a long time ago not to take opposing emotions personal, its not about me, its about where someone is on their path. Angry people or people wrapped up in the insanity of the mundane world find it very difficult to imagine any good in the real world. My presence in full regalia asks the question “Do you want to play?”

Most people are open to my playfulness, in fact, they often embrace it like a long lost part of their own soul. What I find it intriguing, are the few, and I mean less than 5 % of people, who look at me with disdain, as if I am violating their vision of what life should be; serious and miserable. Some have even decided to speak out about how stupid I am for doing this, there were two incidents today that made me back up for a moment and recoil. One just foolish cat calls and I have to say that There is something wrong about getting cat calls when you are dressed up like a mouse

I was in a store and the woman working at a counter, with full sneer on her face, said “Please tell me that you're dressing up like this for some reason. I hope you don't dress like this everyday.” Each word was dripping with hostile venom. I pulled up the best Mickey Mouse kindness that I muster and replied. “I am living Disney, and this week is Fantasia week, last week I was Alice from Alice in Wonderland.” I stopped speaking when she visibly rolled her eyes at me as if I had just told her that I was selling drugs to children. I smiled bowed my head and walked away.

At first I wanted to take off my hat, slink away and find some hole to hide in. I took a deep breath and let go of her opinions of me, she doesn't know me, she doesn't know that I have battled my fair share of demons and have found joy, long before starting this project. my happiness has been pissing off the masses for many years. So here I stand, a dignified Mouse, a mouse who had received far more smiles than venom, and though I doubt that I brought any joy into the woman's heart at least I brought her a tale of a silly mouse.

This journey is every bit about my souls journey as it is about each of my readers. I know that my silliness and willingness to brave the world with a smile and a song is, puts the change I want to see in the world, into the world. My worth doesn't lie in some bank account or in the opinions of naysayers, it lies in the opinion of the woman in the mirror, and she thinks I'm wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits