Contact Me: robinmasse@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook under- Its An Animated Life

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Princesses Don't Get Sick

You ever notice that Disney never shows anyone with a cold or virus, you want to know why? Because its disgusting. For the past few days I have been ill, tired and snotty. Try looking like a Greek Goddess while your body attacks you.

Half the things that come out of my mouth is gibberish and I think I am starting to hallucinate. Yes the common cold, the wonder of science and medicine. Yet no where that I can think of in the Disney vault does Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Belle come down with this affliction. Imagine the tiara askew tissue shoved up the delicate royal nostrils or better yet, the use of the netti pot.

I suppose that most bodily functions are excluded from Disney animated features, you don't see Cinderella pulling over the pumpkin to go pee or Belle burp after her huge dinner. Surely no matter how fictional a character they are bound to become ill at some point. It seems to me that a true prince charming would hold back a princess' hair as she, well, rid her body of a virus. True romance is the partner who looks at the disheveled princess and still sees a princess not the bag of germs she currently is.

Being sick is not a pretty part of life, but its a part of life. In a few days when my nose stops running and my brain comes back down to earth I will forget all about being sick, and remember the princess that once was. For now, I will curl up on my couch, being simultaneously both hot and cold, as I have my delusional conversation with the Queen of England as she instructs me on the proper princess wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuits